Friday, April 13, 2007

Baby Food


When we took Sailor to her 4 month appointment the doctor told us to start her on cereal and then a couple of weeks later we could start giving her baby food. At first I was sad about this. I just couldn't believe that she was already big enough for food...... but then I got over it and got EXCITED!!!! It would be something new to try. Well the first night didn't go so good.... she had received 3 shots earlier that day.... needless to say she wasn't a happy camper:( I mixed up the rice cereal just like the directions said. I'm not really sure why but I thought it would be a breeze for some reason.... not the case. She spit out every bite I gave her. Apparently she didn't think mommy was a good cook....:-( I thought the next night would be better.... nope!!! Sailor obviously didn't think I was clean enough, so she decided to give me her own shower...... a cereal shower!!! This went on for TWO WEEKS!!!!


Monday night we decided to start baby food. We were hoping she would like it better than her cereal. We had to choose from sweet potatoes, carrots, sweet peas, and green beans...... sweet potatoes it was. She did okay. Not great, but not terrible. It was something new.... I understand. Well when you are introducing food to babies you have to repeat the same food 3 days in a row. This is to make sure they aren't allergic to anything. So we repeated the sweet potatoes Tuesday evening. Sailor's Nana (my mom) came to visit and ended up feeding her. Well I'm not sure if Nana had a magical touch that I didn't know about but Sailor ate ALL of her sweet potatoes.... I guess it did have something to do with my cooking.


After the third day of sweet potatoes we started her on green beans. She loves them!! She even opens her mouth for me now when she sees the spoon coming... it's so exciting:) She's even doing a little better with her cereal..... when she's not looking I sneak a bite or two of it into her wittle bitty mouth.... ssshhhhhh!!!


Here are some pictures of our big adventure into the world of BABY FOOD!!




click below to view pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment