Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blue Eyed Girl- Turned Pink

I woke up this morning feeling a little alarmed. It was 10:30! Did I sleep through Sailor waking up? I checked her monitor... the sound was up! Huh! I got out of bed and did a couple of things around the house. At 11:30 I started to get worried about her. I went in to check on her and the above picture is what I found. I let her sleep for a little while longer, because I just thought she was REALLY tired! When she still didn't wake up I went in to wake her up myself. I thought something might not be right because for the last several months she's been getting up around 8:30 or 9. When she got out from under the covers her poor little eyes were very swollen and red. And they were oozing yellow/green pus out of them. I was so sad. I knew something might be wrong, and it was! I called Cameron and then I called the doctor. Unfortunately her pediatrician left the office at 11:30 and wouldn't be back for the rest of the day! I had an appointment with my own doctor today at 1:30 so I just brought Sailor with me and had my doctor look at her eyes. He said immediately that it was pink eye!! :( He gave me some eye drops for her and she should be well in about 8 days!! God is so good!! I didn't have to pay extra for her at the doctor's visit!! It's so sad to see her little eyes like this. Please pray that she will recover quickly and that Cameron and I won't get it!! I really want everyone to be healthy for Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment